An artist with a skill of creating balanced compositions, and using the tonal values of colours at their best, would recreate the beauty on canvas. The landscape painting has been one of the ancient forms of art, but it attracts the artists and art lovers of modern time, too. When we see canvases painted by Monet, Van Gogh or Turner, we feel that we are looking at the visual documentation of panorama of nature. The element of an artist’s desire to recreate the scene that he or she sees makes these types of painting so popular. This very passion has survived the generations of great painters.
Painting Seascapes and Landscape in WinterRussian Painters: Depicting Infusion of Light, Painting Snow
Unlike in past, the Genre of Landscape Painting has now become a distinctive class of paintings. On one side it adores the beauty of ever-changing surfaces of Mother Earth, and on another beautification of sky, too, makes the artists and art lovers enjoying this genre of painting.
Little Russian Ox-Cart in winter
Though the Artists can choose unlimited subjects for depicting their artistic prowess, the landscape has the timeless appeal; to the minds of painters, and to the minds of the art lovers. Such is the aesthetic value of these paintings. Once we focus our eyes on paintings done by artists like Alfred Sisley or David Friederich, we get involved in the unspoiled beauty of nature.
In this painting 'Loading Provisions off the Crimean coast'; the Russian master artist
THE MOST VISITED POSTS
- CREATIVE PENCIL SHADING and LINE DRAWING
- Akbarnama : Paintings of Mughal Costumes, Ornaments and Cultural History of India
- PORTRAITS: Painting the Beautiful Women
- LANDSCAPES IN OIL : Hudson River Valley Painters
- MUGHAL MINIATURES : Painting India's History
- PENCIL PORTRAITS: Drawing Eyes, Nose and Lips
- Kangra, Pahari Miniatures: Paintings of Krishna, Radha and Bathing Woman
- PAINTING HORSES: George Stubbs, Painting Anatomy
- LEARN PENCIL DRAWING: Lining, Drawing and Shading of a Horse
- INDIAN PAINTINGS : A RICH HERITAGE